Delivery orders facilitated through the Inhouse Delivery solution are listed and managed in the Delivery Orders screen.
- Admin or Manager with an Inhouse Delivery subscription
Click on Main Menu > Delivery Orders
By default, the Delivery Orders screen displays all deliveries ordered within the last 24 hours. All scheduled orders are also displayed.
Orders are sorted by the order time, with the most recent shown at the top.
Data is automatically refreshed every 60 seconds, or you can choose to refresh the screen at any time by clicking the Refresh icon in the top right hand corner.
You can select any combination of filters to limit the list of orders to only those you're interested in.
- Location (filter orders by their restaurant pick-up location. Managers must have access to a location in order to view orders for that location.)
- Active Orders (toggling this 'on' will return only active orders - those which do not have a status of canceled or delivered)
A delivery can have one of the following statuses:
- Awaiting driver - the delivery has been accepted but does not yet have a driver assigned
- Picking up - a driver has been assigned and is en-route to the restaurant
- On the way - the order has been picked up and the driver is en-route to the drop-off address
- Delivered - the order has been delivered to the customer
- Canceled - the delivery has been canceled
- Pending manager - the delivery is unable to be assigned to a driver (for example, when there are no drivers available) and must be canceled by a manager.
Pick Up time
If an order has not yet been picked up from the restaurant, this will display the number of minutes before the delivery driver is due to pick up the order e.g. 20 min. Overdue orders are highlighted in red.
For orders already picked up, this will display the actual pick-up time e.g. 8:30 PM.
Drop Off time
If an order has not yet been dropped off to the customer, this will display the number of minutes before the delivery driver is due to drop off the order e.g. 20 min. Overdue orders are highlighted in red.
For orders already dropped off, this will display the actual drop-off time e.g. 8:30 PM.
To view more information about an order, simply click on the order. This will bring up an Order Details screen.
The Order Details screen provides more detailed information about an order, including:
- Customer details (name, address, phone number)
- Items ordered
- Amount paid by customer, including tip and delivery fee
- Delivery timeline (order time, pick-up time, delivery time)
- Note to driver
- Order status
A map view will display underneath the delivery timeline once an order is assigned to a driver. The map will show both the pick-up location (using a black pinpoint) and the drop-off location (using a red pinpoint).
Beneath the map view, links for live tracking and issues with delivery will be displayed.
- Once an order is assigned to a driver, a link for live tracking will be made available. Clicking this link will open a real-time view of the driver's location.
- If you have issues with an order - for example, a driver is late to pick-up a delivery - you can access a support number by clicking the Need help with delivery issues? link.
On rare occasions, delivery requests may not be able to be fulfilled - for example if there are no drivers available, or the delivery address is unknown.
When this occurs the status of the order will be set to Pending manager, and a manager or administrator will be required to manually cancel the order. This may entail:
- Notifying the customer that the order cannot be delivered and processing any refunds
- Notifying the kitchen that the order is no longer required
These actions must be performed manually - for example by going into the POS system. These actions cannot be performed in the Inhouse Delivery system.
When the manager has acknowledged on the Inhouse Delivery system that this has been done, the order status will be marked as Canceled.
A push notification will be sent to all managers and administrators of the location when the delivery request is unable to be fulfilled so they are aware the order needs to be manually canceled.
Canceling an order
There may be times when a restaurant needs to cancel a delivery request - for example, if a customer has called to cancel an order.
Delivery requests can be canceled by clicking on the trash can icon on the Order Detail screen.
Canceling an order will cancel the request for a delivery driver. However, it will not notify the customer, facilitate any customer refunds, or notify the kitchen. These actions must be performed outside of the Inhouse Delivery system.
Orders can be cancelled at any point up until the delivery has been completed; however, delivery fees may be incurred if a driver has already been assigned to an order.