Once you have setup the public holiday calendar for your company you can then enable the holiday rates compliance rule to apply a premium rate to time worked on holidays. The premium rate is applied as a percentage of the employees' base rate.
- Administrator access
Main Menu > Compliance > Holiday Rates
Enable Holiday Rates Rule
Set the penalty rate applied for time worked on public holidays. In the below example, time worked on a public holiday will be paid at 2.5 times the worker's base rate.
Setup Holiday Calendar
Assign the appropriate Holiday Calendar and dates for your location.
- Access by navigating to Main Menu > Public Holiday
- Click 'Add Public Holidays' link
- Select a Region, State or Territory to return calendar options.
- Choose from the results showing in the dropdown
- Select the location or locations the holiday calendar applies to.
- Save changes when done.