Save time by importing your workers. Optionally, as part of the import process, you can choose whether to send workers an invitation to activate their account and connect with your Company.
- Administrator or Manager with Network access
- CSV file in the prescribed format
Mega Menu (Company) > Network > Bulk Action (...) Import workers
Once you have selected the 'Import workers' option, an additional screen is displayed, describing the supported import fields and allowing you to download a CSV template in the required format.
- First name and Last name
- Employee ID - unique employee identifier
- Email and Phone - one or both required if invitations to be sent during import
- Start time of day: Set the start time for the worker's workweek. This is used by premium compliance features
- Daily Hours and Weekly Hours - The maximum Daily and Weekly thresholds to stay within when creating shifts for an employee
Download a sample import file which can be used as the template for your CSV file.
After choosing your file you will be given the option to map your fields, (if required), prior to starting the import process.
Send Invitation to New Employees
As part of the import process, you can choose to send an invitation to new employees. This feature is OFF by default. When enabled, here are the options depending on whether a phone number and/or email address is included:
- Phone Number and Email Address - Sent as SMS to the phone number listed
- Phone Number Only - Sent as SMS to the phone number listed
- Email Address Only - Sent as Email invitation to the email address listed
Append Country Code To Phone Numbers
This option will append the appropriate Country Code to the phone number during the import process. Ensure this is correctly selected.
When ready, simply click the 'IMPORT' button.
Import Complete - Message and Error Log
Once the import is completed, you are notified. Any issues encountered during the import process are summarised and details held in an error log.
Click on 'SHOW LOG' to reveal contents and the option to copy this to your clipboard for further investigation.