This article walks you through the schedule-related features of OpenSimSim from the Mobile App, (the majority of users). Users without a smartphone can still access OpenSimSim from the Responsive Desktop via a web browser, https://app.opensimsim.com/#/login
Default Schedule View
- Header section provides details of your next upcoming shift
- Icon on top left will alert you to any Managers Notes that have been sent when schedules are published
- Any shift note specific to you for your next shift will be displayed
- Opportunities section takes you to the opportunities screen
- Bottom menu barSchedule - default view on open. Lists your upcoming shifts from "today"Messages - In-app Chat, including Worker to Worker Messaging, (must be enabled by the company)Notifications - All event-related notifications in one place.More - quick access to other features including profile, availability, time-off, amongst others.
Tap on the icon in top right corner (3 vertical dots), to reveal additional options including; Request time-off and Change Availability. Additionally, note the comment alerting you to the ability to view the entire weekly schedule simply by rotating your phone to landscape mode. Refer to the next section.
From the default Schedule list view, simply rotate your phone to landscape-mode to see an entire schedule grouped by position. You can see the shifts worked by your colleagues. You must allow "orientation" on your mobile device, (refer to instructions for your specific device to enable this feature).
From the default schedule view on open, tap on an individual shift to see more detail, including any shift notes that are specific to you for this shift.
Tap on the icon in top right corner (3 vertical dots), to reveal additional options including; See Who Else Is On (colleagues working on that specific day), Drop Shift (company permission required) and Swap Shift (company permission required)
Tap on "See Who Else Is On" to display a list of all colleagues working on this specific day. Swipe down gesture on the list to reveal options, "Everyone (the default) and "My Position"
My Position - only show colleagues working the same position that I am on this day.