Once enabled all workers have the ability to swap unless they have been added to the 'exclusion' list.
Must be assigned as a manager to the selected schedule.
Schedule Settings* > Shift Swaps / Drops
* represented by the cog icon, in the top right corner of the scheduler (next to the publish button).
- Select 'Auto Approve' to allow the shift swap to occur without Manager approval.
- Set the minimum number of hours before a shift starts that the worker is permitted to swap their shift. This threshold applies to both shift swaps and shift drops.
- Add workers you want to exclude from performing shift swaps.
Manager Approval Required
With manager approval required for shift swaps, the following workflow applies.
- Worker initiates a request.
- Recipients that match are returned to the Initiator.
- Initiator selects one or more recipients and sends the invitation. At this point, (and before the recipients receive the swap invitation) the employer is notified of the shift swap.
- The employer accesses the notification, reviews the recipients, updates as needed and then clicks on "Approve". This triggers the sending of the swap invitation to selected recipients.
- The shift swap process proceeds to completion (resulting in a successful shift swap) and all parties are notified, (Initiator, Recipient and Employer). Additionally, the affected shifts are automatically swapped between the Initiator and the Recipient.