OpenSimSim supports sales data retrieval through POS integration for selected POS providers (Heartland Restaurant, Square, Clover), however, if your company uses a different POS system you can still manually import sales data and get all the same benefits, including:
- Sales forecasts that help you manage labor costs when scheduling
- Report on labor costs as a percentage of sales
- Administrator or a Manager with 'manage sales and labor costs' permission
- CSV file in the prescribed format
Location main menu > Sales
CSV File Format
NOTE - The following column headers are required to be in your import file:
- sales_dt - Date of sales transactions; (mandatory, must be yyyy-mm-dd format)
- gross_sales - Total daily gross sales (optional)
- net_sales - Total daily net sales (mandatory)
- tips - Total daily tips (mandatory, even if '0')
Import Sales into Default Channel
Sales data is grouped by channel for reporting purposes. To import sales into the default 'General Sales' channel click the 'Import CSV' option.
Create New Channel
Select the 'Import to a new channel' option to create a new channel. As part of creating the new channel you will need to upload a CSV sales file.
You have the option of deleting all data for a selected channel should you realise after importing that there is an issue with the data.
- Use projected sales to manage labor costs when scheduling here