Once enabled all workers have the ability to drop unless they have been added to the 'exclusion' list.
Must be assigned as a manager to the selected schedule.
Schedule Settings* > Shift Swaps / Drops
* represented by the cog icon, in the top right corner of the scheduler (next to the publish button).
- Set the minimum number of hours before a shift starts that the worker is permitted to drop their shift. This threshold applies to both shift drops and shift swaps.
- Add workers you want to exclude from performing shift drops.
Manager Approval Required
Shift drops are a request only and requires the employer to re-assign the shift to another worker before the initiator is released from working the shift.
- Worker initiates a request.
- Recipients that match are returned to the Initiator.
- Initiator selects one or more recipients and sends the invitation.
- At this point the initiator is presented with a message, 'Drop is pending, this is still your shift', setting the expectation they are still responsible for working the shift until it is re-assigned to another worker by the employer.
- The employer accesses the notification, reviews the recipients and decisions the request by re-assigning the shift to another worker, or not.
- Where re-assigned, the shift drop process completes and all parties are notified, (Initiator, Recipient and Employer). Additionally, the affected shift is automatically removed from the initiator and assigned to the recipient.